Protector of Aborigines
Register of General Correspondence 1906 - 1907
Item ID 89689
Previous System Location POA/K1; PRV11211/1/1
Access Category 0 years
Queensland State Archives
Copyright Paul Mackett 1995
20. 2.1906 Report on death of Aboriginal Jimmy from shark
bite, on the "Thistle".
10. 3.1906 Rosie and Jennie in Arrawatta for Yarrabah.
21. 2.1906 G H Black married Aboriginal Rose Ann on 20. 2.1906
28. 3.1906 John Farquher married Aboriginal Lucy on 15. 3.1906
23. 4.1906 Asks for the removal of Aboriginal Tommy Lord
from Rolleston to a reserve.
16. 4.1906 Aboriginal Maud with venereal. Suggests her removal
and also removal of two half-castes Bob and Mandie to a reserve.
15. 6.1906 Half-caste children Bob and Mandie have been
committed to Barambah Independent School.
27. 6.1906 Recognizance for removal of Aboriginal W Martin to Cairns
14. 7.1906 Seeks advice about Section 14 for
Sam Mudlap and Kitty
Jimmy Oaba and Nellie
Jack Oaba and Mary
18. 9.1906 Aboriginal Billy has returned to Banana
5.11.1906 Billy Bean and Alice were married on 2.11.1906
27.12.1906 Asks for removal of half-caste girl Dinah Cumlbai,
aged 9 years, and living with kanakas at Boyne River near Geraldton.
14. 1.1907 Half-caste Dinah has been committed to Barambah for four years
18. 1.1907 Report on the death of Aborigine Lizzie at Echo hills near Springsure
19. 2.1907 Toby and Banana Jacky wish to die at Banana
5. 4.1906 Report on the death of Aboriginal Charley from shark
bite, received while employed by Japanese Hiro on the Ketch "Miro".
12. 7.1906 Recommend removal of Kitty and two children to a Mission Station.
6. 8.1906 Kitty and children at Cape Bedford. Then to Yarrabah.
22.10.1906 Kitty and two half-caste children to Yarrabah.
9. 3.1906 Application of A E Chambers to marry Maud
25. 2.1906 Application of A E Chambers to marry half-caste Maud Harvey.
11. 5.1907 Recommend marriage of Eulatio de Cosrujio to Aboriginal Topsy.
11. 5.1907 Application Eulatio de Cosrujio to marry Aboriginal Topsy.
25. 7.1906 Application of John Cass to marry Aboriginal Polly Wallyarramba.
25. 7.1906 Application of Jack Robinson to marry Aboriginal Nelly Wing.
25. 7.1906 Application of John Lifu to marry Aboriginal Nellie Genyarra.
18.12.1906 Application of Charley Malbasan, South Sea Islander, to Aboriginal Katie.
19. 1.1907 Tony died yesterday.
21. 1.1907 About marriage of Katie to Charley Malbascan.
13. 2.1907 About deaths of Aboriginals Tony and Billy.
11. 2.1907 About applications of Jack Robinson, John Lifu
and John Cass to marry three Aboriginal women.
26. 2.1907 Aboriginal Billy has been committed for trial for unlawfully killing Tony.
F. Home Office
7. 3.1906 Kitty and Spider to be returned to Barambah.
2. 3.1906 Application for Exemption Certificate for Lilly and
Mowra of Redcliffe Station.
16. 4.1906 Tommy Tomahawk and Tommy Norrigee removed to Cairns for Police enquiry.
24. 4.1906 Remove Tommy Lovell from Rockhampton to Barambah.
12. 7.1906 Tommy Norrigie to be sent to Cairns if he wants to go.
16.11.1906 Sally Woods, Exemption.
1. 2.1907 Sentences of Paddy, Jacky, Chloey and Niney of Deebing Creek.