Bundle HOM /J83 Queensland State Archives
Inwards Letters 1912
Correspondence about the application and recommendation by Mr J Ward
for 22 Aborigines (15 full-blood and 7 half-caste) to receive
Certificates of Exemption.
Willy McCormick, Devenport Station
Johnny McCormick, Devenport Station
Mick McCabe, Springvale Station
Dan Connors, Mayneside Opal Fields
Jimmy Pegler, Thargomindah
Thomas Kettle, Langlo Township
Richard Fraser, Devenport Station
Palpara Paddy, Devenport Station
Monkira Jack, Monkira Station
Monkira Tommy, Monkira Station
Tiger Warpra, Clermont District
Snowy Fraser, Winton
Flash Jack, Devenport Station
Jumbo, Palpara Station
Byron Nathan, Springvale Station
Jimmy Tyson snr, Mayneside Opal Fields
Jimmy Tyson Jnr, Vergemont Station
Bob Tyson, Vergemont Station
Jimmy Ferguson jnr, Fermay Station
Harry Mitchell, Dunham Towers Station
Frank Kelly, Stonehenge
Jumbo, Springvale Station
Letter from Police Station Winton dated 30. 1.1912
1. Aboriginal Snowy Fraser not in area
2. Half-caste Dan Connors of Mayneside Opalfields is a native
of NSW, aged about 37 years. Married at Winton in July 1909
to an Aboriginal named Biddy who is about 37 years old and lives
with him at Mayneside.
3. No Aboriginal named Harry Mitchell in the area. There is an
Aboriginal Harry, better known as Cork Harry aged about 33 years
and married to an Aboriginal named Na----
4. Old Jimmy Tyson of Mayneside is aged about 60 years.
Letters from the Court House Boulia dated 7. 2.1912
1. No Aboriginal named Jumbo at Springvale Station. There is an
Aboriginal named Sambo about 26 years old and married to an
Aboriginal named Alice.
2. There is no Aboriginal named Byron Nathan at Springvale Station.
There is in Boulia an Aboriginal Byron Nathan, male, half-caste,
native of Springvale Station, aged about 26 years and single.
3. Mick McCabe is a male half-caste Aboriginal at Springvale
Station. He is a native of Marion Downs, aged about 35 years,
married at Boulia on 11. 3.190? (?1907) to an Aboriginal
named Nellie who is about 29 years old.
Letters from Protector's Office, Birdsville dated 16. 2.1912
1. Thomas Kettle is a half-caste drover aged about 50 years.
He usually resides at Charleville. This is the only one
who was recommended as suitable to have an Exemption Certificate.
2. Monkira Jack, Aboriginal, single and aged 28 - 30 years.
3. Monkira Tommy, Aboriginal aged about 35 years and has a gin
Letters from the Police Station, Windorah dated 16. 3.1912
1. Willy McCormack, half-caste of Devenport Station
2. Johnny McCormack half-caste of Devenport Station
3. Palparara Paddy, Aboriginal of Devenport Station
4. Flash Jack, Aboriginal of Devenport Station
5. Jumbo, supposed to be at Palparara. Not known there.
Letters from the Police Station, Charleville dated 15. 4.1912
1. Jimmy Pegler, half-caste aged about 18 years
2. Thomas Kettle, no record
Letters from the Protector, Longreach dated 22. 4.1912
1. James Ferguson, not known
2. James Tyson, full-blood, native of Thompson aged
about 30 years
3. Bobby Tyson, full-blood, native of Thompson aged
about 25 years and single
4. Frank Kelly, full-blood aged about 30 years,
native of Thompson and single
5. Tiger, full-blood, native of Clermont, single,
aged about 35 years and recently from Clermont