Police Station, Chillagoe
1. 1.1951 - 4. 9.1951
QS 467/1 Queensland State Archives
30. 8.1951 New fingerprint samples and/or identification cards for
Dick Southedge D-183
Nancy Brickey N-80
Willie Collins W-97
Robbie Highbury R-291
8. 6.1951 Norman Mitchell N-79 not in Chillagoe Protectorate.
Was employed at Nychum Stn, Chillagoe last year. Left to go to
Mossman and left there. Was in Mareeba early this year. He
frequents Mt Molloy and Einasleigh areas.
26. 5.1951 Mother of Daisy Thomas is a full blooded Aborigine
who is not exempt. Daisy's father is an unknown white man.
Daisy is 26 years old, not exempt and not entitled to Maternity
26. 5.1951 Refers to Wilbur W-41 who is a native of Cooktown.
25. 5.1951 Wilbur W-41 works at the Mungana Hotel.
16. 5.1951 George Henry Ahlers, late of Maytown died 24. 3.1951
Aborigine Caesar Lee Chiu believed to be in his employ.
7. 5.1951 Chillagoe Police Tracker Davey Grogan D-90 in
7. 5.1951 Daisy Thomas is a half-caste Aborigine resident at
Crystalbrook Stn. She is not exempt. Daisy had an illegitimate
child named Eddie George Thomas. Father is Phillip Wallace P-390
who was also working at Crystalbrook Stn. Daisy has another
1. 5.1951 Norman Mitchell N-79 enquired for by the Cairns
Hospital Board. Was in Mareeba Christmas 1950. Periodically
visits Mt Molloy.
1. 5.1951 Jum Ned not in Chillagoe Protectorate. Was at
Strathleven Chillagoe but he and Harry Ned left early this year.
Jum Ned is at Strathgordon in the Coen Protectorate near the
Edward River Mission. Harry Ned is said to be at the Edward
Identity cards needed for Doreen Brickey and Robbie Highbury.
Protector will try and get them to marry if they are agreeable.
Parents of Doreen Brickey are Brickey and Nancy Brickey.
They are at Torwood Stn. Brickey must be 70 years old.
16. 4.1951 Ethel Cameron E-270 to be employed at Nychum Stn
8. .1951 Doreen Brickey has a child William Brickey.
Rob Callaghan R-165, recently arrived at Wrotham Park Stn from
Drumduff Stn, denies he is the father. Rob Callaghan is married
to Lorna Callaghan. Father is Robbie Highbury who has a brother
named Callaghan Wilson.
12. 4.1951 Maudie M-319 is identical with Maudie Byrne who is
applying for an Old Age Pension.
1. 4.1951 Ethel Cameron on Agreement at Nychum Stn, 45 miles
21. 3.1951 Friday F-111 and wife Judy giving trouble in the
Mitchell area. To be removed to Palm Island. Judy said to
have TB. Judy may have a baby with her.
Undated handwritten note gives the following information
Ulay at Drumduff, one child named Dawn aged about 8 years with her.
William, Strathgordon, 23 years
Judy, with Friday F-111, no kids
Jacky, Wrotham Park
May's daughter Winnie from Coleman. Winnie, the mother at Drumduff
living with a boy named Jim Posey. Coleman River.
14. 3.1951 Identification card for Lilly Wilson
19. 2.1951 Following family will reside at Chillagoe
Nancy Johnson N-362, mother
Jerry Johnson, born 1940
Evelyn Johnson, born 1946
Tommy Johnson, born 1949
Jack Johnson, born 1940
Nancy's husband was Johnson who died about 25. 5.1950.
Family were residing on the Palmer River.
13. 2.1951 Nancy Johnson and family at Wrotham Park Stn.
Johnson had two wives
(1) Nancy Johnson. They had 4 children namely
(2) May Johnson. They had 2 children namely
Is May identical with Minnie who is the mother of Jacky. Did she
Handwritten note states Jacky here with Nancy. Dawn (boy) at
Drumduff with Ulap. Minnie, William, Judy. Friday stole Judy.
William at Strathgordon Stn.
16. 3.1951 Stanley Callaghan S-93 to be employed at Wrotham
5. 3.1951 Exemptions to be given to Larkie L-165 and
Maudie Byrne to allow them to apply for the Old Age Pension.
15. 3.1951 Statement by Rob Callaghan R-165 about Doreen Brickey's
baby. Rob is a full blood married to Laura also a full blood.
States he is the father of the baby which was born April 1950.
Conceived at Wrotham Park Stn. Baby born in Mareeba.
9. 3.1951 Ethel Ella Cameron gave birth to an illegitimate
female child at Mareeba Hospital on 13.12.1950. Father is
George Bertram Smith of Chillagoe. Child's name is
Rhonda Grace Cameron.
2. 3.1951 Davey Grogan, Chillagoe Tracker wanted by Manager at
Rookwood Stn to work at Rookwood Stn.
8. 3.1951 Statement by Davey Grogan, Police Tracker at Chillagoe
Lives at Chillagoe. Married to Jessie Grogan. They have a child
named Jessica Grogan. Wants to stay at Police Station as Tracker.
3. 3.1951 Stanley Callaghan S-93 employed at Wrotham Park Stn.
2. 1.1951 Letter from Mitchell River Mission about Friday.
2. 2.1951 Jessica Grogan born 20. 9.1949. Daughter of
5. 2.1951 Rhonda Grace Cameron, daughter of Ethel Cameron E-353,
13. 2.1951 Gladys Kenny G-276 wants Child Endowment for Fred Kenny
born 14.10.1950. Gladys is a full blood.
14. 2.1951 Tracker Davey Grogan D-90, with wife and child,
employed as Tracker 5. 2.1951.
9. 2.1951 The following are at Nychum Stn
9. 2.1951 Warry W-88 is a half-caste residing at Chillagoe.
7. 2.1951 Birth of illegitimate female child to
Ethel Ella Cameron E-270. Ethel is a full blood aged 21 years and
the daughter of Elsie Cameron of Chillagoe. Her father is
Roley Cameron, Police Tracker at Mt Molloy. Father of the child
said to be George Bertram Smith, a white man, although he denies it.
Child is a half-caste and named Rhonda Grace Cameron.
6. 2.1951 Larkie L-165 resides at Chillagoe
6. 2.1951 Crongy at Mount Mulgrave.
3. 2.1951 Mentions
1. 2.1951 The following are at Wrotham Park Stn
Jerry Shepherd, child?
Jack, son of deceased sister of Nancy named Minnie who died
some place on the Palmer River about 3 years ago. Father of
Jack is Johnson, who died June 1950 at Strathleven Stn.
Family above were nomadic. Johnson had two wives namely Nancy and
Minnie. All lived oon the Palmer River
Also mentions Friday F-111
22. 1.1951 Whereabouts of Willie Gibson W-142 unknown.
17. 1.1951 Mentions Lulu Williams previously of Mt Surprise,
13. 1.1951 Whereabouts of Willie Gibson W-142. On agreement
at Balwarra Stn. Supposed to be back at Chillagoe January 1.
31. 1.1951 Mentions Brickey and Nancy Brickey at Bolwarra Stn.
2.11.1950 Ethel Ella Cameron pronounced 8 months pregnant
at Chillagoe Hospital.
12. 1.1951 Correspondence about Ethel Ella Cameron's pregnancy.
She is the daughter of Elsie and Roley Cameron. Roley is the
Police Tracker at Mt Molloy. Ethel's child is a half-caste
born at Mareeba Hospital. Police are sure father of the child is
George Bertram Smith, a white man. Statement by Ethel gives
her date of birth as 3.10.1929 and she was born at Chillagoe.
12. 1.1951 Crystalbrook Stn.
Daisy Thomas, pregnant
Whereabouts of Phillip Wallace Unknown.
Norman McTavish at Barwidgi
12. 1.1951 The following are both over 65 years old and are
at Nychum Stn
Jimmy Lefthand J-255
Dick Southedge D-183
9. 1.1951 Letter from Almaden mentions
Davey and Jessie Grogan
6. 1.1951 Wages for Billy Thomas
10. 1.1951 About the following
Both eligible for the Old Age Pension
8. 1.1951 Protector at Cairns able to operate on the following
Norman Mitchell N-79
Phillip Wallace P-390
Norman McTavish N-157
8. 1.1951 Police Tracker for Chillagoe
Davey Grogan D-90, about 25 years old, full blood, married with
one child. Wife is Jessie Grogan J-865, a full blood. Child is
about 11 months old and named Jessica Grogan.
5. 1.1951 Rob Callaghan, putative child of Doreen Brickey's
child is at Drumduff Stn.
6. 1.1951 Mentions
Jessie Grogan, wife of Davey Grogan
5. 1.1951 Mentions
1. 1.1951 Lulu Williams L-30 deceased. Lulu's mother died in
child birth at Devoncourt Stn, Cloncurry. Lulu's father was a
native named Peter who was apparently old when Lulu was born
and is probably deceased. He resided on Devoncourt Stn. Lulu
had no living children.