Instruction Papers Received from C.P.A. 1921 - 1934
CRS /X2 Queensland State Archives
1. Aboriginals v Rixon, Wages, 1919 - 1921 Ayr
Wages owing to Aboriginal Arthur Mackay
1919 Henry Brown employed at Home Hill. Henry is old and married
to Mary Ann Brown who is also very old.
2. Aboriginals v Landers, Wages, 1921,
1921 Rail fares and expenses for Herbert McKinley
Agreement for Herbert McKinley with Coorabulka Stn, Boulia
Recognizance for Herbert McKinley to be returned from Maree,
South Australia to Birdsville.
Herbert came from Barambah.
Memorandum of Agreement for Herbert McKinley of Barambah
3. Protector of Aboriginals v Frederick Costello, maintenance
of illegitimate child and confinement expenses, 1923
1923 Eugene Joseph Brown born 29. 6.1923 at Cleveland. Mother
is Daisy Brown. Birth Certificate states Daisy is 32 years
old and born at Southport. Father of child is Fred Costello.
Notes on Daisy's testimony give the following details
Daisy has a 15 or 16 year old child whose father is Enoch Ruska.
Daisy has a 4 year old child whose father is Fred Campbell,
her brother in law.
Daisy's sister is Mabel Brown who is 30 years old and has one
child whose father is Alfred Martin.
4. Protector of Aborigines v Queensland Coastal Product Co, Wages
owing, 1924, Thursday Island
1924 Mentions Aborigines, namely
E A Scott
and following who are H/C SSI and not Aborigines, namely
5. Protector of Aborigines v McLean, Maintenance of illegitimate
child of Maudie Sandow, 1924
McLean is the father. Case to be heard at Murgon.
6. Papers Protector of Aborigines v Frank Weatherall, Maintenance
of illegitimate child of Maggie Alford, 1923 - 1924, Beaudesert
Frank Weatherall is a half-caste as is Maggie. Child was born
on 1. 9.1922 at the Salvation Army Home, Breakfast Creek.
7. Protector of Aboriginals v Alex Rolf, illegal employment of an
8. Protector of Aborigines v P N Eastwell, maintenance of
illegitimate child of Ivy Mary Kearns of Laidley. Child was born
on 6. 7.1924 at Laidley.
9. Protector of Aboriginals v Mrs Lindores, Wages due to
Violet Lennie, 1933, St George
Violet employed by W J Lindores of Bidjanbah, St George.
10. Protector of Aborigines v A Paine, Wages due to Aborigines,
Wages due to Harry Bradford at Brandon via Ayr.
11. Protector of Aborigines v C C Weedon of Nerang, Wages due to
Louisa Coulson H/C, 1933
Also mentions wages due to Billy Donovan by Mr M Mitchell of
Magnetic Island via Townsville. There is a Memorandum of Agreement
between Billy Donovan of Palm Island and M Mitchell of Magnetic
12. Protecytor of Aborigines v Timothy Cahalane and William Oscar
of Ingham, Habeas Corpus proceedings in respect of Nellie Lacey,
13. Protector of Aborigines v A Panos of Cardwell, Wages due to
Harry Marks of Palm Island, 1932
14. Protector of Aborigines v J Jesberg of Rosewood, Wages due to
Jim Anderson and Bertie Beckett, 1932
Jim and Bertie are half-castes under control of Purga Mission.
15. Protector of Aborigines v Mrs Keys of Glendilla Stn via
Cunnamulla, wages owing to Helen Hopkins, 1931
16. Protector of Aborigines v Holman, maintenance of illegitimate
child of Ethel Murphy (nee Rosendale) of Palm Island by the father
of the child who is Walter Gladwyn Holman of Cooktown. The child
was born on 19.11.1930.
17. Protector of Aborigines v Carwardin, recovery of monies on
18. Protector of Aborigines v Claude Fletcher, recovery and maintenance
expenses on behalf of Madeline Tyson of Barambah, 1926
Male child was born on 23. 1.1926. Claude is the father.
19. Protector of Aborigines v Frederick Smith, maintenance expenses
on behalf of Jessie McEvoy, 1927
Child is Hedley McAvoy, born 1.10.1926 at Barambah Aboriginal
Settlement. Mother is Jessie McAvoy aged 23 years and born in Clermont.
Frederick lives in Rockhampton. Jessie got pregnant at Kilcummin
Station where she was working. Frederick admitted paternity.
Surname may be Jessie McEvoy.
20. Protector of Aborigines v A C Evans, wages due to Toby Degan
and Frank Mears, Millaa Millaa, 1926
21. Protector of Aborigines v F J M Bowman, recovery of wages for
Sid Serico H/C, Bundi Farm via yeulba, 196
22. Protector of Aborigines v Rev W H W Lavers, 1925
Married Aborigines Maggie Alford and Alexander Love without
permission of the Chief Protector of Aborigines.
23. Protector of Aborigines v Chas A Rayment, wages due to Cubby,
Galway Downs, Windorah, 1925
24. Protector of Aborigines v A Relf, wages owing, Yarraman, 1922
25. Protector of Aborigines v Len West, confinement and maintenance
expenses for illegitimate child of Eileen Davidson H/C, 1925
26. Protector of Aborigines v William Wombie, breach of the Act,
Wages owed to Aborigines by William Wombie of Gum Hole Station.
27. Protector of Aborigines v Edward Leddy, 1924
28. Protector of Aborigines v Brice Henry, breach of the Act, 1925
29. Protector of Aborigines v S B Sutton of Mt Ubi via Kenilworth,
wages owing to the following in 1934