EINASLEIGH POLICE LETTERBOOKS 1921 - 1953
These extracts have been taken from the letterbooks of the
Einasleigh Police Station from 1921 to 1953 as follows
6. 6.1921 - 31.12.1923 A/36326
16. 1.1924 - 31.12.1925 A/37902
5. 1.1926 - 22.11.1927 A/37903
2.12.1927 - 31.12.1929 A/37904
10. 9.1931 - 26. 8.1934 A/37905
25. 8.1934 - 18.10.1935 A/37906
24.10.1935 - 11. 8.1937 A/37907
13. 8.1937 - 13. 6.1938 A/37908
30. 6.1938 - 5. 3.1939 A/37909
5. 1.1942 - 29. 6.1943 A/37910
1. 7.1943 - 27. 8.1944 A/37911
4. 9.1944 - 5. 9.1945 A/37912
2. 1.1946 - 1. 1.1947 A/37913
1. 1.1948 - 31.12.1948 A/37914
1. 1.1950 - 30.12.1950 A/37915
1. 1.1951 - 31.12.1951 A/37916
2. 1.1952 - 23.12.1952 A/37917
1. 1.1953 - 26.12.1953 A/37918
These letterbooks are held at the Queensland State Archives.
The following extracts have appeared in my Queensland Aboriginal
Copyright Paul Mackett 2006
25. 6.1921 Mentions Edie Carter of Maytown, adult. She is applying
for exemption. Edie moved to Einasleigh with her employer.
10. 8.1921 Nellie Asaki H/C aplied for exemption.
7.11.1921 Tracker Jimmy James
20.12.1921 Jimmy James wants leave
26. 7.1922 CPA looking for Joe White H/C. Not in district
15. 8.1922 Ex-Tracker Lu Lu and his gin Maggie staying at
Einasleigh. Going to Mona Mona.
21.10.1922 Dick went to Cairns for medical treatment. Was at
Carpentaria Downs Stn. Should go to a Mission.
30.11.1922 Jimmy James wants leave.
16. 8.1923 Edie assaulted at Carpentaria Downs Stn
9. 4.1924 Tracker Mitchell of Cairns
Tracker Jimmy James of Einasleigh wants to return to Cairns. He
came to Einasleigh in 1920.
7. 5.1924 Tracker Jimmy James
28. 7.1924 Tracker Jimmy James to resign. Bobby Brown, single,
aged 25 years, native of Carpentaria Downs Station, willing to
take his place.
20. 8.1924 Tracker Jimmy James resigned and going to Mareeba
20. 8.1924 Bobby Brown starting as Tracker
1.12.1924 Bobby Brown and Edie Lammamoor were married 1.12.1924
15.12.1924 Bobby Brown married Edie Lammamoor 1.12.1924.
Edie F/B, 19 years old, native of Carpentaria Downs Station, never
previously married and has no children.
There was no marriage ceremory. Edie stated their parents told
them that when the grew up they were to be husband and wife.
13. 5.1925 Yarrabah Mission looking for Amy Hyde and Bob Boomera.
Not in district.
5. 2.1926 Edie Carter to be removed to Yarrabah.
18. 2.1926 Edie Carter to be removed from Einasleigh to Yarrabah
tomorrow. Healthy and clear of all diseases.
25. 2.1926 Tracker Bobby Brown of Einasleigh is sick
25. 2.1925 Tracker Bobby Brown going to Chillagoe for medical
5. 3.1926 Bobby Brown is married.
14. 3.1926 Bobby Brown back at work. His gin is Edie Lamamoor.
also mentions Edie Carter who was removed to Yarrabah.
18. 3.1926 Topsy, wife of tracker Jimmy James of Herberton, arrived
at Einasleigh today.
28. 4.1926 Mentions Tracker Bobby Brown
17.12.1926 Mentions Trackers
Bobby Brown wants to stay here
Billy Collins wants to return to Mt Surprise
19.12.1926 Bobby Brown going to Mt Surprise. His gin staying
at Einasleigh for the moment. Annie coming to Einasleigh from
1. 1.1927 Bobby Brown's gin Edie did not want to leave Einasleigh
as she was born on Carpentaria Downs Stn. Also mentions
Billy Collins who let his gin go to Mt Surprise.
22. 4.1927 Trackers Vouchers. Mentions
Bobby Brown and gin Edie Lamamoor
Billy Collins and gin Annie
29. 4.1927 Edie Lamamoor wants to go to Mt Surprise from Einasleigh
Annie wants to come to Einasleigh from Mt Surprise
16. 7.1927 Billy Collins resigned.
12.11.1927 Tracker Sanko's gin is Cherry
12.12.1927 The gin Cherry started residing with Tracker Sanko
17. 7.1928 Tracker Sanko wants leave
13. 8.1942 Eddie, wife of Tracker Bobbie Brown of Mt Surprise
24. 8.1928 Mentions Hubert Thompson H/C in Edmonton Police
1. 7.1929 Tracker Sanko wants leave
11.12.1929 Tracker Kruger discharged from Einasleigh Hospital.
He is from Fossilbrook.
30.12.1931 To IOPC
Barney Wallace, tracker
2. 8.1932 To IOPC
Discharge Barney Wallace
Recruit Ned O'Neill from Mareeba
10.12.1932 To CPAB
Fred Wellington not known
1. 1.1933 To Carpentaria Downs Station
Jack at Lyndhurst, from Hughenden
Cherry gone to her brother Jerry at Cairns
2. 3.1933 To P of A Cairns
Cherry passbook No. 1234
5. 3.1933 To P of A Charters Towers
Bob Johnson and Cora at Carpentaria Downs Station
1. 4.1933 To IOPC
Tracker Ned O'Neill wants to resign
29. 5.1933 To Einasleigh
Tracker Ned O'Neill discharged
Tracker Captain Johnson to replace him
19. 8.1933 To CPAB
Agreements at Einasleigh
28.12.1933 To CPAB
Tracker Captain Johnson
2. 1.1934 To P of A Charters Towers
2. 1.1934 Mentions
5. 1.1934 To P of A Mareeba
Ned A and Ned O'Neill are the same and at Mareeba
15. 1.1934 To CPAB
Re: Bob Johnson and Cora Hoya
Husband and wife. Employed on Carpentaria Downs Station
Two children. Gone to Charters Towers.
31. 1.1934 To CPAB
Ned A is same as Ned O'Neill. Account at Mareeba.
1. 3.1934 To CPAB
Bertie was working at Carpentaria Downs Station. Aged about 30 years.
21. 4.1934 To IOPC
Tracker Captain Johnson wants to resign.
Ex-tracker Sanko aged 25 years and single wants to join.
His mother Annie (mentioned 1. 5.1934) is at Georgetown
22. 5.1934 To IOPC
Sanko is not coming
30. 5.1934 To P of A Brisbane
Jerry (Jerry Croydon) is at Mungana.
Barney Wallace is at Bolwarra Station, Chillagoe
31. 5.1934 To CPAB
Peter is at Kidston
20. 6.1934 To IOPC
Tracker Henry Surgeon arrived
5. 8.1934 To CPAB
Henry Surgeon H-78
Bob Johnson B-98 at Charters Towers
Captain Johnson C-64 at Cairns
4. 9.1934 Supply of goods to Bertie of Lyndhurst Stn
27. 9.1934 Agreements for work at Lyndhurst Stn for
17.10.1934 Mentions Tracker Tommy Tiger
6.11.1934 Mentions Tracker Barney Wallace
17.11.1934 Mentions Ben Johnson and his wife Cora Hoya
at Charters Towers.
24.11.1934 Harry Rouse employed on Carpentaria Downs Stn,
Einasleigh. Harry states that when he was a young child, aged
about 8 years old, he was taken with his mother Maggie fron
Nanango to Purga Mission. Only thing he knows about his father
is that his father was employed in the Nanango district when he
was in Purga Mission.
4.12.1934 Meals supplied to Bertie
9.12.1934 Tracker Henry Surgeon, relieving at Forsayth, wants
to return to Einasleigh
29.12.1934 Tracker Henry Surgeon wants to resign.
13. 1.1935 Mentions Harry and Jessie Croydon have left Almaden.
Also mentions Bertie to be employed at Almaden.
13. 1.1935 Tracker Henry Surgeon discharged.
Tracker Tommy Tiaro recruited.
29. 1.1935 Mentions at Lyndhurst Station
31. 1.1935 Tracker Tommy Tiaro has an account at Cooktown
2. 3.1935 Henry Surgeon H-78 employed at Rokeby Stn via Coen.
3. 3.1935 Mentions Henry Rouse
Married with no children. married a girl from Purga Mission.
Employed at Carpentaria Downs Stn
19. 3.1935 Maggie Rouse residing with her husband.
1. 4.1935 Mentions Wogga
5. 4.1935 Mentions Bertie at Rosella Stn, Mt Surprise
14. 4.1935 Mentions Tommy Tiaro
23. 4.1935 Joe arrived from Mt Surprise. Since gone.
26. 5.1935 Joe is patient at Townsville Hospital
28. 5.1935 Joe belongs to the Georgetown District
2. 6.1935 H (Henry) Rouse at Carpentaria Downs Stn
was granted exemption in 1927. His wife is automatically exempt.
7. 6.1935 Paddy P-60 not in district
15. 6.1935 Mentions Mrs H Rouse
27. 7.1935 No girl by name of Louie in district.
Some 18 months ago there was a girl named Louie at Mungana.
From there she went to Chillagoe. She lived at Herberton before
going to Mungana.
2. 8.1935 Peter and Minnie Walters, who have accounts at Mungana
are not in the district.
5. 8.1935 Johnnie J-88 and Wogga W-96 are leaving Lyndhurst Stn
and going to Normanton. They are natives of Normanton.
6. 8.1935 Bank accounts
Minnie Moran M-14, account at Millaa Millaa
Maud Merra ) accounts at Atherton
None are in the district
9. 8.1935 Mentions
11. 8.1935 Mentions Parker
22. 8.1935 Tracker Tommy Tiaro injured
6. 9.1935 Nipper being returned to Normanton
24. 9.1935 Mentions Johnnie J-288 and Wogga W-96
27. 9.1935 Joseph East H/C in Townsville Hospital.
25. 9.1935 Statement by Dick, employed on Spring Creek Stn
3.10.1935 Mentions Parker of Ingham
7.10.1935 Mentions Johnnie J-288 and Wogga W-96
18.10.1935 Mentions Joseph East
31.10.1935 Tracker Tommy Tiaro
1.11.1935 Jack McAlister, application for rations.
H/C, exempt, returned soldier, aged 40 yrs.
Mother is Maggie McAlister, aged 60 yrs, resident at Charters
12.11.1935 Maggie Rouse resides at Fresh Water Creek, Cairns.
Husband is Harry Rouse.
11.11.1935 Johnnie J-288
26.11.1935 Johnnie J-288. Left Einasleigh for Normanton.
29. 1.1936 Johnnie J-288
6. 2.1936 Maggie Rouse (nee Davidson) M-208 now at Fresh Water
Creek Cairns. Prior to coming to Einasleigh she was at Purga
Mission till she married Rouse.
11. 2.1936 At Lyndhurst Station are
26. 2.1936 Johnny and Major
1. 3.1935 Tracker Tommy Tiaro
10. 3.1936 Johnny J-288
29. 3.1936 Mrs M Rouse
4. 4.1936 The following, late of Mungana, are not in the district
18. 5.1936 Mentions
7. 6.1936 Johnnie
20. 6.1936 Tracker Tommy Tiaro wants to resign
9. 9.1936 Tracker Tommy Tiaro leaving.
Tracker Willie Gibson to take his place.
11. 9.1936 ID card for Tommy Tiaro T-78
13. 9.1936 Tommy Tiaro
18. 9.1936 Mentions
20. 9.1936 Johnnie Killarney deserted his employer, Gumholes Stn.
came from Mitchell River Mission.
5.10.1936 Tracker Willie Gibson injured
16.10.1936 Tracker Willie Gibson back on duty. He was relieved by
Tracker George of Oaks.
Tracker Willie Gibson
Tracker George of Oaks (Kidston)
24.11.1936 Wages paid to Tracker Tommy Tiaro
25.11.1936 Wages paid to Tracker Tommy Tiaro
22. 1.1937 Mentions Tracker Tommy Tiaro
24. 1.1937 Mentions Tracker Tommy Tiaro
28. 2.1937 Mentions Major
28. 2.1937 Mentions Norman getting goods from Mareeba
27. 3.1937 Mentions the following getting goods from Mareeba
30. 3.1937 Mentions agreements for Norman and Major at
24. 4.1937 Mentions Tracker Willie Gibson
20. 5.1937 Mentions Norman
30. 5.1937 ID card for Willie Gibson W-142
19. 6.1937 Tracker Willie Gibson
24. 8.1937 Pocket money for the following for the Oak Races
was sent to Kidston
21. 9.1937 Good for Johnnie, employed at Normanton
24. 9.1937 Frank, from Laura, not in district
28.10.1937 The following, who have inoperative accounts at
Ingham, are not in district
Jenny Dandy J-172
Johnny Hammond J-175
Rosie 3 R-41
9.11.1937 Tracker Willie Gibson
18.11.1937 Henry Brown and wife en route from Palm Island
to employment at Collins Bros, Spring Creek, Mt Surprise.
21.11.1937 Arthur Collins, H/C, 18 yrs, employed at Collins Bros,
Spring Creek, Mt Surprise, had an accident with a rifle.
Brother is Archie Collins, also employed there.
26.11.1937 Willie Gibson
26.11.1937 Mentions Willie Gibson.
His cousin is Teddy Tranby at Bungalow, Cairns
14.12.1937 Norman N-97
20.12.1937 Major M-186 going to Mareeba for Christmas.
Accompanied by Tiger and Lily of Oaks, Kidston.
21.12.1937 Norman N-97, single.
8. 1.1938 Norman N-97
7. 2.1938 Norman N-97
10. 3.1938 Mentions
21. 3.1938 mentions Willie Gibson W-142
2. 4.1938 Mentions
Willie Gibson W-142
18. 4.1938 Agreements for
Mentions Willie Gibson
14. 5.1938 Dan Lacy of Dagworth belongs to Georgetown.
Employed at Dagworth Station. Sick.
15. 5.1938 Alfie Starlight at Carpentaria Downs.
27. 5.1938 Alfie Starlight
2. 6.1936 Major M-186 transferring to Kidston
6. 6.1938 Major M-186
14. 6.1938 Dan Lacey was at Einasleigh Hospital
20. 6.1938 The following are not in the district
23. 6.1938 Major M-186 at Kidston
This bundle also contains loose correspondence to 11.12.1940.
3. 6.1938 Major M-186
25. 7.1938 Kitchener Brown, late of Cloncurry, not in district
3. 8.1938 Jack, aged, single, at Carpentaria Downs Stn.
22. 8.1938 Agreement for Tommy Dowling jnr at Carpentaria Downs
Station. Also mentions Jack.
23. 8.1938 Bob Brown died on 28. 6.1938 at Yarrabah Mission.
Reported to be a native of Carpentaria Downs Station.
Jack J-183 may know of him.
31. 8.1938 Jack J-183
31. 8.1938 Larry L-62 of Chillagoe
2. 9.1938 Bob Brown died at Yarrabah Mission on 28. 6.1938.
Jack J-183 of Carpentaria Downs Station states that Bob Brown
has a niece and nephew at Mareeba named Eric Brown and
Doreen Brown. Eric and Doreen's father was Bob Brown's brother.
26. 9.1938 Jack Fettick, late of Mount Garnet, is not in the
13.10.1938 ID card for Jack J-183
14.10.1938 Tommy Dowling leaving for Palm Island today.
Also mentions Harry Bunn and Henry 2 at Carpentaria Downs Stn.
1.11.1938 Mentions at Carpentaria Downs Station
9.11.1938 Tracker Willie Gibson
28.11.1938 Tracker Willie Gibson
28.11.1938 Parker P-73, late of Lyndhurst Station, Kidston, not
30.11.1938 Jack J-183
13.12.1938 Jack J-183
13.12.1938 The following are employed at Carpentaria Downs Stn
14.12.1938 Permission granted for Harry Bunn to marry
Maisie Lorraine of Palm Island.
31.12.1938 Tracker Willie Gibson, single
4. 1.1939 Report mentions Dan Lacy of Dagworth
20. 1.1939 Jack J-183
20. 1.1939 Lora L-59 of Ingham not in district
30. 1.1939 Agreements for the following at Carpentaria Downs Stn
Larry Major L-62
13. 2.1939 Willie Gibson W-142
20. 2.1939 Mentions at carpentaria Downs Stn
27. 2.1939 Mentions
7. 1.1942 Meals for
Harry Herbert H-77
Both are employed in the Mt Surprise Protectorate
8. 1.1942 Tom Mitchell of Cairns wants to work at Oak Park
31. 1.1942 Tracker Willie Gibson wants leave. Will not return.
Mentions Henry Lacey in the Georgetown Police Division who is
married without children. May be a replacement for Willie.
2. 2.1942 Sandfly S-26 is married with no children. May be
be replacement for Willie Gibson. Currently employed at Oak Park
7. 2.1942 Dental treatment for Kitty Draper
14. 2.1942 Mentions
Kitty Draper K-6
Jack Shaw (Bowman) J-183
All are permanently employed in the Kidston Police District
22. 2.1942 Tracker Willie Gibson
25. 2.1942 Mentions
Tracker Willie Gibson
3. 3.1942 Application by larry L-62 to marry Ursula.
Larry working at Wrotham Park Station near Chillagoe
16. 3.1942 Mentions
Kitty Draper K-6
Jack Shaw (Bowman) J-183
30. 3.1942 Re marriage of Larry Major L-62 to Ursula.
No information available. Larry has left district.
7. 4.1942 Tracker Willie Gibson
14. 4.1942 Parky Atkinson supposed to be in Hughenden
23. 4.1942 Dental treatment for Kitty Draper K-6
30. 4.1942 Meals supplied to Jack Shaw J-183 en route to
14. 5.1942 Kitty Draper K-6 of Oak Park Station
11. 6.1942 Tracker Willie Gibson gone
15. 6.1942 Possible replacement for Willie Gibson is
Chism in the Georgetown Police District.
17. 6.1942 Willie Gibson now living in Cairns
18. 7.1942 The following may be considered as trackers
Jimmy Marks, employed at Lyndhurst Stn, married
Banjo, Tracker at Mungana for nine years, married
28. 7.1942 Willie Gibson
23. 8.1942 Willie Gibson
22. 9.1942 New tracker is Ben Womera B-100. He is 40 years old
Was at Abingdon Downs Station for several years.
3.12.1942 Sandy Gordon at Oak Park Station
8.12.1942 Edie Madigan not in district
23. 1.1943 Charlie Carmedy of cairns is unemployed.
Possible employment at Werrington Station.
15. 2.1943 Charles Commity (see previous) sent to Werrington Stn.
The station is in the Kidston Police district
11. 7.1943 Amos Kingburra at Carpentaria Downs Stn
13. 8.1943 George Wilson and Vera Wilson are at Carpentaria Downs
Stn. Their nephew Tommy Kangaroo wants to live with them.
13. 8.1943 Tracker Ben Womera applied for leave
23. 8.1943 Statement by Mick Morris at Einasleigh, states
Employed at Eva Creek Stn, Einasleigh
Wife is Judy Morris
Child is Totty Morris
19. 9.1943 Cancellation of leave for Tracker Ben Womera
26.11.1943 Ben Womera B-100 to Mareeba for medical treatment
9.12.1943 Ben Womera applied for leave
12.12.1943 File about death of Aboriginal child George at Croydon
Hospital on 2.12.1943 received at Einasleigh by mistake.
30. 1.1944 Ben Womera B-100. Want to get rid of him. Mentions
Michael Dot (Mitchell Dodd) , married, no family, of Yarrabah
31. 3.1944 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Young Romeo
To Mt Surprise Billy Collins
10. 4.1944 Ben Womera B-100 discharged
10. 4.1944 Mitchell Dodd M-561, aged 50 years, married with no
children, now Tracker at Einasleigh.
30. 6.1944 Telephone calls
To Kidston Alex Spencer
To Mt Surprise Mission Dick to Mareeba, medical
24. 9.1944 Theft of suitcase from Tommy Mitchell at Cairns.
Tommy employed at Oak Park Stn, 90 km from Einasleigh.
Also mentions his aunt at Cairns and Janie thought to be from
30. 9.1944 Telephone calls
To Carpentaria Downs Larry and gin returning from Yarrabah
To Mt Surprise Parker
To Carpentaria Downs Gordon Amos
7.10.1944 Police Tracker wanted at Kidston. Mentions ex-Tracker
Frank Williams at Mareeba.
Tracker Mitchell Dodd wants to leave Einasleigh.
Tracker Henry Lacey and gin want to leave Kidston
9.11.1944 Tommy Mitchell at Oak Park
17.11.1944 Mitchell Dodd M-561 sick
1.12.1944 Mitchell Dodd fit to resume work
2.12.1944 Tommy Mitchell of Oak Park.
Mentions Sandy Gordon
31.12.1944 Telephone calls
To Georgetown Mick leaving Everleigh
To Georgetown Mistreatment of Judea, Everleigh
To Kidston Charlie Omeenge
To Everleigh Mick Morris
To Georgetown Teddy Morris
25. 1.1945 Maurice English M-573 of Georgetown not a suitable
23. 2.1945 Jimmie Mark Wilson J-511 F/B , late of Oak Park Stn,
now of Yarrabah Mission would like to be Tracker at Einasleigh.
Married, no children, about 35 years old.
31. 3.1945 Telephone calls
To Kidston Major and Eva
To Mt Surprise Collins
To Kidston Jimmy Marks
To Kidston Henry Lacey
To Forsayth Ursula
9. 4.1945 Mitchell Dodd
26. 4.1945 Caesar of Dagworth Stn, Mt Surprise
29. 4.1945 Mitchell Dodd and his gin Dolly Dodd
29. 4.1945 Mitchell Dodd wants to leave. Mentions
30. 4.1945 Mick Morris M-109 has wife and young son Peter Morris.
23. 5.1945 Archie Collins A-171 of Mt Surprise
1. 6.1945 Mitchell Dodd
4. 6.1945 Mark to be escorted from Mt Surprise to Mareeba
??. 6.1945 Mark of Mitchell River Mission got sick while droving
and went to Mareeba Hospital
24. 6.1945 Poindy Harry and Leisha started work at Spring Creek Stn
via Mt Surprise.
Since Adelaide and Amos left Carpentaria Downs Stn, Larry and
Ursula have wanted to leave.
Also mentions Mitchell Dodd and Dolly Dodd.
24. 6.1945 Parkie Woolloogorang also known as Parkie Atkinson F/B
causing trouble in Protectorate. Born at Woolloogorang Stn in the
Northern Territory about 28 or 30 years ago. Came to Greenvale Stn,
about 150 miles from Einasleigh, when he was 3 years old. Reared
by James Atkinson.
21. 6.1945 Willie Temple, Lyndhurst Stn
30. 6.1945 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Caesar
To Kidston Henry Lacey
To Mt Molloy Mitchell Dodd
To Mareeba Mitchell Dodd
To Cairns Mark
To Mt Surprise Mark
To Kidston Mick Morris
To Forsayth Mick Morris
5. 7.1945 Removal Order for Parky Atkinson from Einasleigh to
Palm Island. Parky currently involved in droving to Townsville.
2. 7.1945 At Carpentaria Downs Stn are
2. 7.1945 Mick Morris, Hospital at Forsayth
Undated Amos Kingburra A-299 willing to leave Yarrabah and
become Tracker at Einasleigh. He is married. Also mentions
Mitchell Dodd and gin willing to go to Carpentaria Downs Stn
Jimmie Mark Wilson and gin of Yarrabah want to come to Einasleigh
27. 7.1945 Gordon Amos G-191 going to Yarrabah on holidays. Wants
to bring his wife and family back to Carpentaria Downs. Also
mentions Larry Major and wife Ursula Major to return to Carpentaria
5. 8.1945 Billy Herbert Collins B-250 employed at Einasleigh
4. 8.1945 Expenses for Mark
10. 8.1945 Charlie Dagworth died suddenly at Dagworth Stn
on 8. 8.1945. Been working there ever since he was a small boy.
He was caught on the Einasleigh River near Dagworth when he was
a small piccaninny and reared at Dagworth. Aged over 80 years.
Wife died at Dagworth Stn about 7 years ago and was buried there.
Charlie believed to have a sister in the Georgetown Protectorate.
11. 8.1945 Judy Morris J-154 and husband employed at Kidston.
Also mentions Mick Morris
17. 8.1945 Willie and 3 companions from Valley of lagoons arrived
at Einasleigh. Returned to Normanton
14. 8.1945 Aborigines from Valley of Lagoons are
19. 8.1945 Whereabouts of Parky Atkinson unknown
19. 8.1945 Mick Morris M-109
19. 8.1945 Judy Morris J-154 child endowment account
22. 8.1945 Charles Parker C-344 at Wondavale, Charters Towers
6. 9.1945 Judy Morris J-154, wife of Mick Morris M-109
proceeding to Georgetown. Soon to give birth.
5. 9.1945 Charlie Dagworth buried on 8. 8.1945 at Dagworth Stn.
1. 1.1946 Telephone calls
To Georgetown Ben Womera
3. 1.1946 Transfers of following trackers
Mitchell Dodd from Einasleigh to Georgetown
Willie Banjo from Georgetown to Einasleigh
23. 1.1946 Cancellation of transfers of Trackers
Undated Billy Herbert Collins B-250 at Einasleigh
3. 3.1946 Billy Herbert Collins B-250 at Einasleigh
Bundle of letters from 7. 6.1946 to 23. 9.1946 about
Willie Temple W-200 and Barney B-102 and confusion of thumb prints
25. 3.1946 Mitchell Dodd M-561
31. 3.1946 Telephone calls
To Kidston Spencer
To Kidston Committy
To Georgetown Lottie
To Georgetown Removal Order, Frackleton
To Cairns Removal Order,Frackleton, to Palm Island
To Gilbert River Removal Order, Frackleton
To Georgetown Morris English
To Everleigh Stn Morris English
To Mt Surprise Poindy Harry, Removal to Yarrabah
5. 4.1946 Willie Temple W-200
8. 4.1946 Mitchell Dodd M-561
13. 4.1946 Billy Herbert Collins B-250 at Einasleigh
16. 4.1946 Morris English M-573 at Ravenshoe. Originally from
17. 4.1946 Billy E B-101 also known as Joe Burke, at Mareeba
22. 4.1946 Poindy Harry causing trouble at Spring Creek Stn,
27. 4.1946 Mitchell Dodd on sick leave
10. 5.1946 Tommy Roley (or Barney Roley) wanted for employment at
23. 5.1946 Tommy Dowling and Hubert Dowling at Einasleigh
5. 6.1946 Poindy Harry and gin to Cairns
14. 6.1946 Cecil, David and Leo en route Pandamus to Dunbar Stn
30. 4.1946 Telephone calls
To Carpentaria Downs Emma
To Mt Surprise Nick Wallace
31. 5.1946 Telephone calls
To Kidston Mitchell Dodd
To Mt Surprise Nick Wallace
To Kidston Maurice
19. 6.1946 Tottie Morris returning from Cairns. Sent to Forsayth.
26. 6.1946 Mitchell Dodd and Dolly Dodd
27. 6.1946 Wallaby absconded from Drover Conway in the Cloncurry
district and wants to return to his tribal district in the
30. 6.1946 Telephone calls
To Carpentaria Downs Jubilee
To Kidston Tottie Morris
To Georgetown Tottie Morris
To Forsayth Oscar and Jubilee, returning to Croydon
To Wyandotte Stn Money to Cecil, Dave and Leo en route
Pandamus to Strathmore Stn
5. 7.1946 Tracker Mitchell Dodd and gin Dolly Dodd
7. 7.1946 Mary Mitchell M-161 of Tullaroo Stn
8. 7.1946 Tommy Kangaroo
9. 7.1946 Emma Hudson Roley E-32 going to Georgetown for medical
12. 7.1946 Willie Evans W-31 deceased.
Mentions Willie Temple W-200, married to Jenny Redmond of Lockhart
River Mission. Willie Temple supplied the following information
about Willie Evans, namely, Willie Evans
has a deceased brother
sister is Jenny Monday, believed to be at Lockhart River Mission
cousin is Romeo of Silver Plains, Laura or Coen
13. 7.1946 Tracker Mitchell Dodd and his gin Dolly Dodd deserted
15. 7.1946 Archie Collins A-171
6. 8.1946 Whereabouts of Mitchell Dodd unknown
Sanko Ford at Georgetown
6. 8.1946 Alfie from Blackbraes Stn reports Mitchell Dodd is
at Mareeba en route to Cairns thence Yarrabah.
31. 8.1946 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Mary and Banjo refuse to return to work
To Mt Surprise Mary Mitchell returning to Georgetown
To Forsayth Billy E discharged Georgetown Hospital
31. 7.1946 Telephone calls
To Almaden Tracker Dodd
To Georgetown Whereabouts of Emma
To Chillagoe Whereabouts of Tracker Dodd, who is to
replace Sanko Ford of Georgetown
16. 8.1946 Tommy Dowling to Mareeba for medical attention
16.10.1946 Tracker Henry Abingdon arriving from Forsayth
31.10.1946 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Banjo
31.12.1946 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Mary Mitchell
To Kidston Kitty Gordon, Sandy Gordon
Henry Lacey, Flora Lacey
27. 1.1948 Tracker Henry Abingdon
26. 1.1948 Ivy Edwards I-38 of Georgetown
31. 1.1948 Telephone calls
To Georgetown Whereabouts of Oswald who left Carpentaria
Downs and lost at Einasleigh
11. 3.1948 Tracker Henry Abingdon missing
8. 4.1948 Tracker Henry Abingdon returned
30. 4.1948 Telephone calls
To Mt Surprise Mick Morris and Sandy Morris
To Mt Surprise Spencer, female, passing through to Forsayth
10. 5.1948 Tracker Henry Abingdon to Mareeba for medical attention
21. 5.1948 Henry Abingdon wants to transfer to Cairns.
Manny or Spargo of Georgetown
28. 5.1948 Henry Abingdon returned
8. 6.1948 Wogga absconded from Drover Ossie Atkins near
Abingdon Stn on 10. 5.1948.
25. 7.1948 Death of Aboriginal Leslie Walker and injuries sustained
by his wife Millie Walker and daughter Charlotte Walker when jumping
from a truck at Rex's farm between Mossman and Mt Molloy.
1. 8.1948 Henry Abingdon wants to leave. says he was offered the
job of Tracker Captain at Cairns. Henry is single. Suggest
elderly Toby Dandy become tracker here.
21. 9.1948 Mannie Fred, gin and 3 children are at Einasleigh en
route to Kidston to become Tracker.
31. 8.1948 Telephone calls
To Kidston Tommy Mitchell
21.10.1948 Expenses for Mannie Fred, wife and 3 children
7.12.1948 Child endowment due to Ethel Singleton of Einasleigh.
No such person at Einasleigh.
1. .1950 Toby Dandy
23. 5.1950 Ivy Edwards also known as Ivy Mark has no desire
to proceed to Einasleigh to marry Mick Morris.
9. 8.1950 Jimmie Yorkey J-435, Tracker at Einasleigh, wants
to resign. Will accept position at Dagworth Stn. Also mentions
Gilbert Hall G-216 F/B, born 1926 Weipa Mission, married
with 2 children namely Gladys Hall, born November or December 1947
and Gilbert Edward Hall, born 9. 1.1950. Gilbert's wife is
Sally Hall S-257 H/C, born 1926 Charters Towers.
2. 9.1950 Jimmie Yorkey and his wife Mary Yorkey resigned as
Tracker at Einasleigh. Place taken by Gilbert Hall who was
working at Dagworth Stn.
1. 2.1951 Rations for Tracker and family
Sally Hall, his wife
Gladys Hall, their child
Gilbert Edward Hall, their child
16. 3.1951 Jerry, Tracker at Kidston. Also mentions Mick Morris
4. 4.1951 Permission for Gilbert Hall to visit his wife who
is about to give birth at Mareeba.
3. 5.1951 Gilbert Hall returned to duty
23. 5.1951 Alec Spencer H/C of Carpentaria Downs Stn involved
in motor accident. Aged 33 years, married. Also mentions
Kitchener Brown aged 50 years.
7. 6.1951 Tracker Gilbert Hall wants to leave.
29. 7.1951 Tracker Gilbert hall discharged.
Paul Mitchell is new Tracker.
27. 8.1951 Mentions
31. 8.1951 Mounted Patrol report mentions
8.10.1951 Tracker Jerry Shaun from Kidston
1. 1.1952 Rations for Tracker Paul Mitchell
21. 1.1952 Balance of wages at 30.11.1951 for
Alick Spencer A-279
Arthur Frackleton A-157
Bruce Meldrum B-502
Clem Burton Meldrum C-88
Ethel Fred E-110
Flora Lacey F-32
Gilbert Hall G-216
Mannie Fred M-108
Paul Mitchell P-304
Sally Dallachy Hall S-257
Teddy Morris t-360
Willie Anderson W-274
Child Endowment accounts at 30.11.1951 are
Ethel Fred E-110
Lizzie Green L-250
Mick Morris M-109
Sally Hall S-257
25. 1.1952 Antecedents of Maurice F/B supposed age 25 years
who is committed for trial at Cairns. There are none.
29. 1.1952 Banjo Gregory is Tracker at Kidston
15. 3.1952 Jean Janite Spencer of Lyndhurst Stn via Einasleigh,
single, about 20 years old, H/C, gave birth to an illegitimate
male child on 2. 1.1952 at Gordonvale Hospital.
Father is Benjamin Sydney Hussey of Lyndhurst Stn, a white man.
Jean's father is Alex Spencer
Jean's mother is Lizzie Spencer (Green)
Jean was born at Barclay Downs Stn, Camooweal about 1932 and
later received a Prep 3 education at Dajarra.
Jean and Hussey live as man and wife, with Alex Spencer and
Lizzie Spencer and their six children.
31. 3.1952 Wants to know date of birth of Gloria Hall.
Parents are Gilbert Hall and Sally Hall. Sally says Gloria was
born on 20. 4.1951 at Mareeba. To do with child endowment claim.
19. 4.1952 About Benjamin Sydney Hussey of Lyndhurst Stn,
Einasleigh, breaching Aboriginal Protection and Preservation Act.
Has been living as man and wife with Jean Janite Spencer H/C.
Jean gave birth to an illegitimate child on 2. 1.1952.
23. 5.1952 More about Benjamin Sydney Hussey and
Jean Janite Spencer
7. 6.1952 Permission for Benjamin Sydney Hussey and
Jean Janite Spencer to marry.
14. 6.1952 Permission to marry delivered to Benjamin Sydney Hussey
and Jean Janite Spencer
16. 7.1952 Benjamin Sydney Hussey and Jean Janite Spencer were
married on 7. 7.1952 at the Registry Office, Herberton.
16. 7.1952 Tracker Paul Mitchell wants leave.
14. 8.1952 Tracker Paul Mitchell back at work
26. 8.1952 Tracker Paul Mitchell wants to leave
10.10.1952 Tracker Paul Mitchell still wants to leave
15.11.1952 Possible replacement Trackers are
Gilbert Hall at Spring Creek Stn, was a Tracker, does not want job
Mannie Fred at Tallaroo Stn, was a Tracker, does not want job
Teddy Morris at Carpentaria Downs Stn, does not want job
2.12.1952 Tracker Paul Mitchell has left
15. 1.1953 Nickel Butcher willing to be Tracker. passed through
Einasleigh on way to Georgetown with a droving party. Butcher is
married with no children, a F/B and about 23 years old. Butcher
is a resident of Normanton.
5. 6.1953 Mentions Paul Mitchell P-304 residing at Einasleigh.
10. 7.1953 Mentions
Paul Mitchell of Einasleigh
Teddy Morris of Carpentaria Downs Stn, 25 miles from Einasleigh
12. 7.1953 Nickel Butcher of Normanton still willing to be Tracker