Police Station, Emerald
26. 3.1917 - 23.11.1917 QS477/1 (1) Queensland State Archives
10. 7.1918 - 20. 2.1919 QS477/1 (2) Queensland State Archives
8. 2.1922 - 2. 6.1925 QS477/1 (3) Queensland State Archives
20. 4.1917 Tracker George Lacey of Emerald
10. 4.1917 Tracker Charlie Anderson's gin is deceased. Her name
was Emily. Emily was actually the wife of Charley Mummin, who is
now at ----babeer Stn, Banana. Emily's proper name was Amy Mummin.
17. 4.1917 To Blackwater. Why are Donkey, his gin and children
not heading for Emerald where he is employed.
21. 4.1917 Relative to removal order for Murray. Being sent to
Barambah. He is aged about 30 years. He is useless in the
Duaringa district and feared in the Blackwater district.
Undated Murray has left Emerald for Barambah
23. 4.1917 Diver Mitchell was reared by Mr Donaldson of Medway Stn,
Bogantungan. Mr Donaldson wants Diver to be Exempt. Diver is
supporting his three children in the Meteor Park Orphanage in
Rockhampton. Diver's wife is dead. Diver is now on Surbiton Stn,
28. 4.1917 Tracker Anderson wants to go to Barambah
10. 5.1917 Diver Mitchell is not exempt from the Act and cannot
get exemption because he is a full blood.
11. 5.1917 About money for Sedgeford Aboriginal Jackey.
19. 5.1917 No half-caste or full blood Aborigines in the district
are willing to enlist.
28. 5.1917 To Mr E G Carlsson, Withersfield.
William Barnes will not be made exempt. If he refuses to enter
into Agreement he, his wife and children will be sent to Barambah.
He has been working at Rutland Station.
31. 5.1917 William Barnes is employed at Rutland Station for all
of 1917. Not employed by Carlsson.
13. 6.1917 Nellie recently came to Emerald from Duaringa district.
She is about 50 years old. She should be sent to Barambah.
15. 6.1917 Bank book for Mick McIntyre is at Rolleston.
29. 6.1917 Query about goods purchased by Luke Don.
24. 7.1917 Mentions Ted, under agreement at Duck Ponds, and
recently at Lily Vale.
28. 7.1917 Luke Don will pay account
13. 8.1917 Pass book for Mick McIntyre. Mick was in the Rolleston
16. 8.1917 Nellie had no bank account at Emerald, not any money
in her possession.
5.10.1917 Mentions Tracker Charlie Anderson
22.10.1917 Mona arrested at Emerald.
24.10.1917 About illegitimate child of Bessie Hill. Bessie is a
half-caste Aboriginal and is exempt.
12.11.1917 Tracker Charlie Anderson will be in Springsure for
three or four months.
12. 8.1918 Queenie Foote, half-caste, left for Meteor Park
Orphanage on August 5.
8. 8.1918 Tracker Charley Clark arrived Emerald
15. 8.1918 Aboriginal Scratcher venereal.
16. 8.1918 Relative Aboriginal Scratcher requested to be removed
to Barambah. Emerald doctor says he has venereal disease. The gin
he got it from some 4 years ago has died. Doctor says he should
be sent to Barambah.
16. 8.1918 Scratcher to be treated at Hospital. Do not recommend
he be sent to Barambah now.
20. 9.1918 To Clermont. Aboriginal Mitchell Kilcoy came through
Emerald on way to Franklin Station some time ago. Was given money
and food as he had none.
30. 9.1918 Quarterly return of phone calls.
Mentions Jack Powell, 5. 7.1918
Mentions Tom Croydon, 8. 7.1918
Mentions Dempsey, 10. 7.1918
Mentions Donkey, 14. 8.1918
Mentions Ted, 6. 9.1918
Mentions Scratcher, 24. 9.1918
6.12.1918 Mentions Jumbo and his gin, Biddy. Jumbo is about
50 years old.
Undated Asks Chief Protector is order dated May 1916 for
removal of Jumbo and Biddy still exists. It included Jimmy Collins
who was forwarded to Baramba 25. 5.1916.
9.12.1918 Tracker Cobia going to Clermont
10.12.1918 Relative to Aboriginal Biddy removed to Barambah.
Original removal order dated May 1916 included
Jimmy Collins was removed in 1916. Biddy and her child Fred were
secured on 10.12.1918 for removal to Barambah in accordance with
the removal order. The actual order went to Barambah with
17.12.1918 Mentions agreement for Norman, aged about 9 years.
31.12.1918 Quarterly return of telephone calls
To Emerald Downs about Tottie H/C, 15.10.1918
To Doctor Daniel about Jockey, 13.12.1918
About T Croydon, 20.12.1918
About Podge, 28.12.1918
To Mrs Connors about Maggie, 29.12.1918
11. 1.1919 Norman Quinlan of Emerald wants to take Podge droving
to north west Queensland.
21. 1.1919 Passbook for Jack Podge sent to Brisbane. Jack Podge
is now at Barambah.
12. 2.1919 Norman Quinlan no longer wants Podge
12. 2.1919 Relative to Queenie Foote, half-caste Aboriginal female
child, removed 6. 6.1918 from Emerald to Meteor Park Orphanage.
Cheque sent to Orphanage for her.
10. 2.1922 Wants bank book of Arthur forwarded from Rolleston.
14. 8.1922 Mary being escorted to Rockhampton on removal order
16. 8.1922 Mary has been escorted to Rockhampton.
18.12.1922 Relative to deceased Aboriginal C Cooliman, probably
from Queensbrook Stn. Aboriginals there are supervised by the
Protector at Springsure.
27. 1.1923 Relative to statement by Mary Jaro about her pregnancy.
Mary Jaro alias Mary Donkey. According to Police possibilities
for the father are
William McKendry, white
Arthur (?Arthur Powell), black
Jack Powell, black
Mr Walsh, white
Mr Hollgate, white
Mr Bloxom, white
to mention only a few at Emerald
Mary Jaro was sent to Barambah because she was totally immoral
and beyond control.
16. 4.1923 Recommend Thomas Teiswater (Teeswater) be sent to Barambah.
He has left Bogantungan and supposedly gone to Mitchell.
Joseph Rolleston is under agreement in Springsure and working at Ducabrook.
Harry Cadd, half-caste, is not under agreement and resides two
miles from Bogantungan with his family.
2. 7.1923 Quarterly return of telephone calls
To Springsure about Tommy Tieswater (Teeswater), April 1923
To Springsure about Billy Peter running away from employment, 5.11.1923
To Springsure about Billy Peter, no trace, 11. 6.1923
28.12.1923 Aboriginal woman gave birth to a child on the train and
the child died between Emerald and Yamala. There were two gins on
the train. The real story was that a four year old male child had
died on the train between Weemah and Yamala. With the child were
its mother and grandmother. Child's name supposedly War James.
Archie, who came with them on the train from Blackwater stated
that their name was Chubb and they lived at Walton.
14. 3.1924 Charlie Burns, under agreement to Mr Copland of
Emerald Downs, wants to buy a horse, sulky and harness. Charlie
27. 1.1925 Order for removal of Jackie Powell to Barambah is
cancelled. He is now under agreement for six months.