Police Department, Commissioners Office
Miscellaneous Correspondence and Reports
POL /J14 Queensland State Archives
Extracts about Temporary Trackers
These records are held at the Queensland State Archives.
The following extracts have appeared in my Queensland Aboriginal
Copyright Paul Mackett 1992
Brisbane District (Batch 340M1)
1.10.1912 Esk Station - Jack Carbine
2.12.1916 Rewan Station - Leo
30. 6.1921 Beaudesert Station - B Brown. Married with two children.
Resides at Beaudesert.
Cairns District (Batch 340M2)
11.12.1914 Maytown Station - Billy, Tim and Toby helped to capture Aboriginals
Peter and Billy who had been charged with theft. Peter and Billy were
sentenced to one month in Cooktown Gaol.
6. 2.1915 Maytown Station - Billy, Tim, Toby and Paddy
10. 2.1921 Mt Carbine Station - Larry
11. 2.1921 Mt Molloy Stn - George
26.10.1923 Cairns Station - Harry granted leave. Charlie to releive him.
Charlie has two children.
5. 1.1923 Cairns Station - Sandy
10. 7.1925 Rockhampton Station - Leonard at Nebo
9. 3.1926 Cairns Station - Leo of Normanton granted leave. Pompey to relieve him
22. 7.1929 Almaden Station - Tommy Robinson
21. 9.1932 Almaden Station - Tommy Robinson
17.12.1932 Coen Station - Enquiries at Port Stewart into the death of
Aboriginal Jimmy Breezer who was believed to have been eaten by
alligators or killed by other Aboriginals.
Trackers Tommy and Mosquito absent.
Took the following 4 Aboriginals from Coen to Port Stewart to help
in the investigation - Tommy Wal Wal; Tommy Brennand; Jimmy Culla Culla,
King of the Port Stewart Tribe; Jimmy Corporal.
11.10.1934 Cardwell Station - Siemon
13.12.1935 Aboriginal Barry of Aurukun Mission Station was employed to search
for the Aboriginals responsible for the murder of Paddy.
Cloncurry District (Batch 340M4)
19. 4.1911 Cloncurry Station - Zulu
31.12.1917 Cloncurry Station - Henry Brown
1. 1.1918 Cloncurry Station - Harry Brown and Major from Cloncurry
19. 9.1926 Burketown Station - Sam and Gilbert
18. 8.1933 Kajabbi Station - George Gilbert
24. 8.1933 Cloncurry - George Gilbert and Barney
9. 4.1934 Cloncurry - Peter and Jerry
Charleville District (Batch 340M3)
19. 1.1915 Charleville - Billy
28. 1.1919 Charleville Station - Paddy
20. 2.1919 Charleville Station, Adelaide gate - Wallace and Miller, tracker at Normanton
26.11.1928 Thargomindah - Jimmy Norley
Rockhampton District (Batch 340M9)
18.10.1912 Rockhampton - Fred Black, George Thompson from Barambah Settlement
14. 4.1916 Duaringa Station - Donga
14. 4.1916 Yaamba Station - Tommy
11. 3.1919 Rolleston Station - Bson
19. 5.1922 Rockhampton - Local Springsure boy Johnny Tyson
10.12.1929 Rolleston Station - Cecil Martin
3. 3.1930 Clermont Station - Arthur Miles, black boy, unemployed, living at the
Black's camp, Clermont
10. 8.1931 Duaringa Station - Marshall Henry of Duaringa injured falling from a horse.
Tokio will relieve him.
28.12.1932 Rockhampton - Eddie Budby
13. 2.1932 Rockhampton - Saddie King to be employed at Emerald
1. 9.1932 Baralaba Station - Oscar King
22. 7.1937 Jack Mowbray of Woorabinda Aboriginal Settlement injured.
Normanton District (Batch 340M8)
3. 8.1907 Normanton District - Pindi
18. 4.1908 Normanton District - Tommy of Croydon
2. 5.1908 Croydon District - Tommy and Rob
18. 5.1908 Normanton District - Corporal Dave at Normanton, Corporal Tommy at Birdsville
21. 6.1917 Normanton District - Refers to the murder of Aboriginal Mailman
Maryborough District (Batch 340M7)
27.10.1905 Nanango District - Ban Ban Harry and Billy Lake
14. 4.1910 Avondale Station - John Bow, Colin Campbell and George Thompson
All sent from Barambah Settlement to Gympie to help. Since returned.
12.11.1919 Mundubbera Station - Billy Button
10.12.1919 Goomeri Station - Peter of Barambah Settlement
1. 6.1921 Mundubbera Station - Hornet to track half-caste Alex Gunpowder, an absconder
from Barambah Settlement.
21. 7.1923 Kingaroy Station - Colin
18.10.1923 Wondai Station - Tommy Stucket of Barambah Aboriginal Settlement
8. 4.1924 Gayndah Station - Billy Malone
Longreach District (Batch 340M6)
19.11.1912 Tambo Station - Tommy
Roma District (Batch 340M10)
26.12.1909 St George Station - Alick
10. 7.1911 Thallon Station - Jack Flick
10. 6.1926 St George Station - Lenny Walsh
31. 5.1926 Thallon Station - Robert Noble
General (Batch 340M)
4. 1.1909 Hughenden Station - Aboriginal Friday stabbed Fred, 4 miles from Urandangie. Fred
died 20 minutes later.
23. 5.1921 Irvinebank Station - Willie Moore
Townsville District (Batch 340M12)
18.10.1910 Townsville - Towers
31. 1.1912 Proserpine Station - Billy Emmerson
13.11.1915 Proserpine Station - Billy Emmerson
27. 8.1916 Netherdale - Rodger
18.10.1916 Charters Towers - Tracker Archie and Aboriginal Jack Crawford
20.10.1924 Diamantina Station - Sambo. Came from Springsure to see his father at the
old Black's Camp, Wongera Waterhole, on the Diamantina River, 3 miles from
Toowoomba District (Batch 340M11)
23. 2.1912 Goondiwindi Station - Sick Aboriginal Billy Combarngo
3. 2.1915 Goondiwindi Station - Fred Tommy Tommy and Bob Tommy Tommy