Rations for Trackers
A/44833 - A/44835 Queensland State Archives
These records are held at the Queensland State Archives.
The following extracts have appeared in my Queensland Aboriginal
Copyright Paul Mackett 1992
Batch 154M - General
24. 9.1937 Cloncurry - Tommy Reardon and wife Annie
12. 6.1926 Coen - Prisioner Ropeyarn at Coen 11.11.1925 - 11.12.1925
20. 5.1924 Howard - Tracker Jack Brown
19. 7.1924 Herberton - Tracker Charlie and gin
2.10.1923 Normanton - Tracker Mickie
24. 8.1923 Forsayth - Tracker Burke and gin Maggie
25. 2.1922 Tracker Mickie married Aboriginal Finlay
31. 5.1921 Ayr - Tracker Peter Atherton and his 2 children
Batch 154-M1 Brisbane District
5. 1.1934 Oxley - Tracker Jack McGrath
26. 2.1930 North Pine - Tracker Billy Britcher
27. 7.1926 Rosswood - Tracker George Munro
29. 8.1925 Rewan - Tracker William Rolleston and gin Eva had a son born 5.10.1924
24. 6.1921 Rewan - Trackers are Prince Albert, gin and 2 children;
Leo; W Rolleston, gin and 3 children; F Langlo
31. 3.1921 Oxley - Tracker Jack Raven has a gin Katie
6.10.1917 Rewan - Prince Albert's daughter Lolla died on 29. 9.1917
Has 3 other children
21. 7.1914 Oxley - Tracker Arthur Hopkins, gin and 2 children
Batch 154-M2 Gilbert River
8. 6.1943 Tracker Charlie and gin Clara. They have a child Charlie aged 8 months
Clara is also 4 months pregnant. Also female child Hilda born 14. 2.1932.
Batch 154-M2 Cooktown
11. 8.1923 Tracker Monday and gin Clara; Gin Maggie
Batch 154-M2 Einasleigh
12.12.1927 Tracker Sanko and gin Cherry
6. 6.1927 Tracker Bobby Brown and gin Edie Lamamoor;
Tracker Billy Collins and gin Annie
Batch 154-M2 Ebagoolah
Batch 154-M2 Georgetown
Batch 154-M2 Herberton
19. 7.1924 Tracker Charlie and gin
13.12.1918 Tracker Jack Wairuna and gin Rosey
Batch 154-M2 Mareeba
31.12.1920 Tracker Frank
Batch 154-M2 South Johnstone
1. 4.1921 Trackers are Tommy and Jackey
Batch 154-M2 Coen
5. 4.1934 Report from South Townsville Station on Coen.
Mentions various trackers in 1932/33.
1932 Tommy Moreton; Nipper; Peter Heineman; Mosquito
1933 Moonlight; Tommy Moreton; Nipper; Peter Heineman; Mosquito
27. 3.1934 Trackers Tommy Moreton; Nipper; Peter Heineman (Died between 27. 3.1934 and 10. 6.1932);
Also mentions the following Aboriginals
Jack Lumpy - wanted for murder
Romeo, Billy Gostelow and Banana - Absconders
Christmas and Young Frank wanted for theft
. 4.1924 Ration list for Trackers and gins
Trackers are Monday, Harry and Jackie
Gins are Jinny, Jenny and Violet
31. 1.1917 Tracker Charlie and gin Lizzie
Batch 154-M2 Laura
4. 6.1915 Tracker Noble has a daughter Laura about 3 years old.
Tracker Harry has a son Harry about 3 years old.
Batch 154-M2 Forsayth
24. 8.1923 Tracker Burke and gin Maggie
Batch 154-M2 Thornborough
25. 4.1922 Gin Lucey gave birth to a male child on 15. 4.1922.
Old gin Lizzie attended.
Batch 154-M2 Percyville
17. 2.1922 Tracker Lulu and gin Maggie married 10. 1.1922
Batch 154-M2 Mt Carbine
10. 2.1921 Tracker Larry
Batch 154-M2 Mt Garnet
13.11.1924 Tracker Wolbah, wife and child
Batch 154-M2 Yungaburra
21. 1.1915 Tracker Paddy married a gin May
Batch 154-M2 Cairns
31. 3.1923 Cairns - Tracker Lulu
8. 5.1947 Croydon - Tracker Mannie of Croydon had a daughter Donna born at Normanton
on 28. 3.1946. He has another daughter Ursula aged 2 1/2 years.
12.12.1944 Laura - Tracker Harry and wife Topsy
30. 8.1944 Croydon - Gin Maryann
9. 8.1944 Croydon - Maryann wife of Tracker Bungy. They have a daughter Mabel M-316.
10. 6.1938 Croydon - Tracker Bungy married on 28. 5.1938 to a gin Mary Ann.
She has 2 children aged 12 years and 8 years.
Batch 154-M2 Mt Mulligan
3. 2.1926 Tracker Jimmy Burns has a son Little Jimmy aged 4 years
Batch 154-M2 Mt Molloy
11. 2.1921 Tracker George
Batch 154-M2 Thursday Island
12. 1.1933 Native boatman Charlie has a 5 year old child Doris
15.11.1923 Boatman Waimara
Batch 154-M2 Mossman
Batch 154-M3 Charleville
19. 7.1960 Tracker Ridley Orton
16. 3.1960 Tracker Ridley Orton and wife
Tracker Willie Wilson and wife Rosie Braddle
19.12.1930 Augathella - Tracker Dick Olive
19. 4.1934 Eromanga - Tracker Charlie Warnes has a 7 month old daughter Ruth Warnes
21. 9.1928 Tracker Billy Britcher, wife and child
15. 9.1928 Tracker Billy Britcher was married on 8. 9.1928 to
Miss May Albert Ross, who had a child about 3 1/2 years old
23. 1.1925 Nocundra - Tracker Mooney Jack
Batch 154-M4 Normanton
9. 9.1941 Tracker Rolly of Normanton is married to Ruby and has a son Gordon
aged 12 months on 27. 7.1941. Also another son Caesar aged 8 years
3. 6.1932 Tracker Leo has a gin Lucy and a child Dickson born August 1928
9. 3.1926 Tracker Leo. Also mentions Pompey.
2.10.1923 Tracker Mickie married Aboriginal Finlay on 21. 1.1922
They have a child Nellie
Batch 154-M4 Cloncurry
19. 3.1947 Tracker Ned George of Camooweal has a gin Winnie Leichhardt.
They have a child Nancy born 20.12.1945 at Cloncurry.
29. 5.1945 Tracker Ginger and gin Alma A-270 of Malbon Station
had 2 children in 1944. A third was born on 25. 4.1945
27. 2.1941 Jacky
24. 9.1937 Urandangie - Tracker Tommy Reardon has a wife Annie
24.11.1933 Tracker Bob
14. 1.1932 Major
27.10.1930 Kuridala - Tracker George Mitchell
28.12.1928 Gregory Downs - Tracker Caesar. Wife is Ivy.
They have a child Minnie born 13. 3.1928
11. 5.1926 Gregory Downs - Ivy, wife of Tracker Caesar gave birth to a
female child on 27. 3.1926
14.10.1925 Burketown- Tracker Harry's wife is Daisy
.12.1923 Camooweal - Tracker Dick
17. 4.1924 Tracker Sid Mobray
17. 5.1923 Dobbyn - Tracker Joe
18.12.1921 Tracker George Ryan
22.12.1920 Duchess - Carbine also goes by the name of Tracker Bostock
30.11.1916 Camooweal - Tracker Dick and gin Mary
Batch 154-M5 Hughenden
3. 4.1917 Tracker Peter Rosser and his gin Minnie have a child Leslie aged 13 months.
26. 6.1906 Tracker Oscar has a daughter Minnie aged 12 years.
Batch 154-M6 Longreach
19.10.1937 Tracker Johnny Turkey and wife Emily Turkey.Their son
Ronald John Turkey was born at Longreach Hospital on 19. 8.1937
15. 6.1936 Stonehenge - Tracker Norman Williams and wife Mollie had a female child
16.11.1926 Jundah - Child of Ivy Thornton
24. 3.1926 Jundah - Tracker Tiger
11. 9.1925 Windorah - Child of Tracker Fred Norman.
9. 3.1922 Stonehenge - John Thomson Platt (Jacky Platt) is the child of the Tracker
6. 9.1919 Windorah - Linda, aged about 8 years, daughter of the Tracker at Windorah
14. 8.1919 Tracker Johnson O'Neil's child Arthur aged 2-3 years
24. 5.1919 Jean, half-caste, 3 years old is the daughter of Trooper's gin Lucy of Jundah
20. 9.1915 Jundah - Tracker Tyson and his gin Bessie have a 4 year old daughter called Rosie
13. 5.1912 Jundah - Tracker Tyson has a daughter Lizzie aged 12 years
7. 3.1904 Jundah - Tracker Norman has 2 children aged 6 and 2 years
20. 7.1921 Rockhampton - Tracker Jacky John and gin Mary Ann
Batch 154-M7 Maryborough
20. 5.1925 Howard - Tracker Jack Brown
Batch 154-M8 Normanton
1. 2.1922 Tracker Toby's gin is Biddy. Tracker Mickie married Biddy (above).
She left Mickie and he married Finlay on 21. 1.1922
.10.1920 Rations at Burketown - Tracker Major, Gin Minnie or Winnie, Child Nina
19. 6.1916 Tracker Dave's gin
29. 4.1916 Ethel gin of Tracker Dave. Also mentions Daisy.
12. 6.1916 Tracker Ned
. 4.1899 Rations for Trackers and gins at Turn Off Lagoon
Trackers Noble (Corporal), Jumbo, Peter, Tommy, Johnny and Barron
Gins Maggie, Kate, Ida, Nina, Nellie and Kitty
Batch 154-M9 Rockhampton
13.12.1944 Tracker Barney Willie (or Willie Barney)
18.11.1942 Tracker Tippo Powder
3. 9.1934 Tracker Victor Reid
27.11.1919 Tracker's child Mary at Duaringa
Batch 154-M10 Roma
24.11.1924 Taroom - Tracker Arthur Murray
27.11.1924 Tracker Billy Ugly Mug (or Huggins) en route Taroom to Charleville
15.11.1924 Tracker Boney and gin left Taroom for Tara
19. 3.1920 Condamine - Tracker Yulabilla (Yullabilla) Jack
26. 2.1902 Hebel - Tracker Jimmy Rogers has married a gin Fanny who is the mother
of three children (not his) anmely Ned about 6 years, Amelia about 5 years
and Maudie about 4 years
Batch 154-M11 Toowoomba
12.10.1942 Tracker Roly Winton
31. 1.1935 Tracker Leslie Atfield has a son Edgar Atfield aged 11 years
20. 1.1932 Goondiwindi - Tracker George Bowen's wife gave birth to a daughter on 5. 1.1932
13. 2.1929 Goondiwindi - Tracker Tommy Twaddle, his gin Tottie Twaddle, and
her 4 children. Gin and children live in the Black's Camp at Bungun.
He lives in Goondiwindi.
8.10.1921 Tara - Tracker George Munroe, his gin Queenie and their children
Florrie 5 years, Dulcie 18 months and Ruby 5 weeks
1.10.1917 Gatton - Tracker Sandy
28. 1.1916 Tracker Niger
1.11.1915 Warra - Minnie had a daughter born on 11. 9.1915
. 2.1915 Goondiwindi - Native Trackers Tommy Twaddle and Tottie Twaddle.
They married on 19. 2.1915
21.10.1899 Crows Nest - Tracker Norman
Batch 154-M12 Townsville
12. 5.1955 Tracker Willie Smith and wife
. 8.1954 Cairns - Tracker Major Butcher
21. 9.1927 Hughenden - Tracker Mickey and his gin Maggie Salmon. Their eldest child
Marjorie Free was born at Hughenden Hospital on 2. 4.1926. Another
daughter born 16. 8.1927
3.12.1926 Ingham - Tracker Rati
5. 8.1925 Mt Coolan - Tracker Murray
29.12.1923 Merinda - Tracker's gin Fanny
31. 5.1921 Ayr - Tracker Peter Atherton and his children Dolly over 9 years
and Jessie 7 years
1. 2.1920 Merinda - Tracker Jimmy Murray
14.12.1919 Ingham - Tracker Frank
19. 3.1917 Nellie, gin of Tracker Friday who was recruited at Hull River
and sent to Clarke River.
1. 3.1917 Bowen - Tracker Friday and gin Polly
1.12.1915 Ayr - Tracker Peter Atherton's children Dolly 3 years and Jessie 1 year
Batch 154-M14 Fortitude Valley
2.11.1939 Tracker Bob White